Some great tips for staying healthy during the summer season are :-
- Make Friends With H2O – Drink plenty of water and fluids! Higher temperatures and more time outdoors lead to internal dehydration, which can result in headaches and dizzy spells.
- Screen The Sun – It’s not enough to just apply sunscreen: you must apply enough, and apply frequently. Most people do not apply for enough daylight protection.
- Keep up the exercise regime – Before you hide those running shoes in the wardrobe, remember summer exercise doesn’t have to stop because of the rising temperatures. Instead of working out outside, change your exercise plan and take it indoors. Join a gym, take up a step class, or get a group of friends around for an afternoon of exercise DVDs.
- Take A Cold Shower – A cool shower after excess sweating helps keep the skin unoccluded, decreasing acne breakouts.
- Load Up On – Melon Watermelons are rich in antioxidants and delivers a unique hydration to the skin, resulting in a radiant complexion.
- Remember Hair Care – The beating sun will hit your hair hard, but there are a number of sprays containing SPF that you can put on after you wash your hair. This is a must if your tresses have been chemically treated.Another tip: Don’t overwash your hair as this can remove the oils that naturally protect it.
- Eat Your SPF – Oral intake of vitamins C and E together can limit the potential for sunburn. A salad with vitamin C rich citrus, berries, tomato, and vitamin E rich nuts is an ideal SPF meal
- Simplify your makeup routine – Stick to the basics: mascara, lip gloss, concealer and switch to a bronzing blush to show off your natural beauty this summer.
- Have lots of summer fun, but don’t skimp on sleep – Lack of sleep can lead to increased levels of stress hormones, which may slow the production of collagen in the skin. When our skin stops producing collagen, it begins to lose elasticity and starts looking tired and worn.