Whether it’s summer or winter, it’s ideal to buy all the skin essentials such as sunscreen for your children anytime. Never compromise on your little one’s health! Excessive sunburn in their childhood can boost the chances of experiencing melanoma (skin cancer) during adulthood.
Become Sun-care savvy!
As a parent, you should understand the types of sunscreen that must be used on your children. If you want clarity, it’s best to consult the best dermatologist in Dubai. According to the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD), children should wear the following types of sunscreen:
- Broad spectrum sunscreen for protection against UVA and UVB rays.
- Water-resistant sunscreen.
- Sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher.
- Sunscreen containing ingredients such as zinc oxide, titanium oxide, or avobenzone.
Things to remember!
- Sunscreen lotions, gels, creams, and sprays provide good protection from the neck down.
- Higher SPF provides more protection but for a limited time.
- Sunscreen should be applied before 15-20 minutes prior to sun exposure.
- For the best results, re-apply sunscreen every 3-4 hours.
Sunscreen creams are the best for dry skin areas, whereas gels are good for areas with hair, such as the scalp. But, people with acne should consult the best skin specialist in Dubai before using any sunscreen.
Children should wear sun-protective clothing and wear sunglasses with UVR-absorbing lenses. They should also wear a wide-brimmed hat to shade the face, foot and neck whenever engaged in activities such as cycling.
Aster Clinic always strive to provide good skin treatment for children.