This Ramadan go Sugar free with Sugarless Friday recipes with Aster.
Baklava is a rich, sweet dessert pastry made of layers of filo filled with chopped nuts and sweetened and held together with syrup or honey.
Try this recipe of Baklava that’s sugar free, and equally as palate pleasing, to compliment and complete your next Mediterranean feast.
· 1 1/4 cups finely chopped walnuts or pecans (measured after chopping)
· 1/2 cup Splenda/Stevia/Sugarfree
· 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
· Pre-made mini fillo cups
· 1 cup water
· 3/4 cup Splenda/Stevia/Sugarfree
· 1 tea spoon vanilla
· 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
· 6 table spoon sugar-free maple syrup
· 1/2 cup sugar-free honey
· 2 tsp cornstarch
1. We have to make the sauce first and cool it for some time.
2. Add water, Splenda/Stevia/Sugarfree, vanilla, lemon juice, Sugarfree maple Syrup and Sugarfree honey in a small saucepan.
3. Keep the pan over medium-high heat and let it all boil.
4. Add 2 teaspoons of cornstarch into water and stir it until it gets completely dissolved. Add it to the honey mixture and boil it for another 1 minute.
5. Allow it to cool.
6. Finely chop some nuts and mix it nicely with Splenda/Stevia/Sugarfree and cinnamon.
7. Get some Thaw fillo cups and fill them with nuts, Splenda and cinnamon mix. Top them with the syrup.
Your Sugarless Baklava is ready to serve.