Pain or inflammation in the joint is known as joint pain. The pain can be from any part of our joint, including cartilage, bone, ligaments, tendons, or muscles.
Arthritis is the most common term used for joint pain. When a person experiences it, the pain or inflammation is triggered inside the joint itself.
Joint pain can be
- Mild (cause soreness after some activities).
- Severe (making even limited movement painful).
Aster Clinics is one of the best orthopaedic clinics in Dubai.
What is the cause of joint pain?
The most common type of arthritis is also known as a “wear and tear” disease.
It is an autoimmune disorder that occurs when the body attacks its tissues.
This condition occurs when sacs of fluid that help to cushion the joints get inflamed.
It is a type of arthritis that affects the big toe joint and other major joints as well. Inflammation starts with deposition of Utica acid (Urate) crystals in the joint structure.
Other cause includes injuries, sprains, and strains.
- Joint redness
- Sudden swelling
- Joint tenderness
- Joint deformity
- Locking of the joint
- Loss of range of motion of the joint
If you experience any symptoms, consult the best orthopaedic doctors in Dubai.
For mild joint pain, you can follow these tips:
- Apply over-the-counter pain relievers, such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others).
- Avoid work that pressurizes the joint, or it can worsen the pain.
- Every day, apply ice or a package of frozen peas to your painful joint for 15 to 20 minutes a few times.
- To relax muscles, soak in a warm tub.