Regular dental care is of paramount importance in order to ensure that you are not afflicted by any short or long term dental disorder that could have been preventable had you seen a dentist in time. However, it is even more important that you get yourself and your family members checked by a dentist in
Dubai that you trust and one that is good at their job. Listed below are a few tips that we think might help you choose the right dentist in Dubai for your dental needs:
- Check your dental insurance policy.Your insurance company may have a list of approved healthcare providers. If so, this will make your search for a good dentist in Dubai easier because you won’t have as many offices to choose from.
- Ask your primary healthcare provider.Your doctors are a good place to start a search for a good dentist in Dubai. They will likely have had numerous patients who have attended each dentist in the area and may have heard about their experiences. They may also be aware of the area dentists’ reputations in the medical community.
- Ask family, friends, and neighbours. Your family and friends also have a dentist in Dubai that they rely on, so they will be able to make a recommendation. This is the best way to get an honest review of a dentist since you know whether they have any bias.
- Check the internet: This may not be the most reliable source since there are many internet reviews with ulterior motives; however, you may be able to get a wider range of reviews in this case. Though there may be overwhelmingly positive and negative reviews, look at the median experience. Since there are two sides to every story, try not to discount a dentist based on one or two bad internet reviews alone.
- Consider the convenience factor: Plug the address of the dentist in Dubai into a map software and see how long it will take you to get there. Look at how close it is to your work or your children’s schools to see if it is convenient to travel to the office after or before work or school.
- Look for dentists in Dubai that meet your needs.You may only need a general care dentist; however, it is helpful to know the classifications. A dentist that targets a variety of specialities will also be helpful if you develop more complicated issues down the road.
- Periodontics: This is a branch of dentistry that treats special conditions in the gums and jaw. They will deal with loose teeth that might need to be extracted.
- Orthodontics: These practices are concerned with misaligned teeth. They fit you with braces, and generally don’t do basic tooth cleanings.
- Endodontics: These practices perform special procedures involving root canals, cracked teeth, and more.
- Paediatric dentistry: Your children will need someone who is qualified in paediatrics. Ask the practice if they clean children’s teeth as well as adults.
- Prosthodontics: These practices specialise in creating prosthetic teeth and other parts of your mouth.