Breast cancer is a form of cancer that develops from the breast tissue. It is mostly found in women, however, can be diagnosed in men too.
Know symptoms and signs of breast cancer include:
- Nipple discharge or retraction of the nipple
- Enlargement of one breast, dimpling of the breast surface
- An “orange peel” texture to the skin
- Unintentional weight loss and bone pain
- Enlarged lymph nodes in the armpit
- Visible veins on the breast.
The risk factors for developing breast cancer include obesity due to a lack of physical exercise, drinking alcohol, hormone replacement, therapy during menopause, early age at first menstruation, having children late or not at all and family history.