Indigestion or dyspepsia-is a general feeling of discomfort in your upper abdomen. It may be an unpleasant or even painful sensation in the top of the abdomen or lower part of the chest, which usually comes after eating or drinking. Indigestion is a symptom but not a disease as such.
People with indigestion may have one or more of the following symptoms:
- Abdominal burn
- Bloating/feeling of distension in the upper abdomen.
- Early fullness while eating.
- Feeling uncomfortable after eating
When to see a doctor
Consult your doctor if discomfort persists for more than two weeks. Contact your doctor right away if pain is severe or there is
- Reduced appetite
- Unintentional weight loss
- Recurrent vomiting or vomiting with blood
- Black, tar-like stool
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Fatigue or weakness
Aster Clinic, Al Qusais (Damascus St.)